Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Today was this semester's first day of classes and I'm actually glad. I regret not putting forth any effort toward my schoolwork last semester; I obviously didn't learn much and therefore waisted my time and defeated my entire reason for being in college. I decided about a week ago that from now on I am going to begin taking myself more seriously, taking pride in who I am, and stop allowing myself to drift from my way of living or my beliefs. I have not yet truely developed a sense of my personal identity and that bothers me, even though I am only 18. I'm sick of my procrastination and excuses I make up that prevents me from doing what I intend. Life is too short to waste time.

There's no doubt in my mind that I have the qualities it takes to be successful in life but I do doubt myself sometimes. During these moments of self-doubt I feel worthless, talentless, and goalless. The truth is, however, quite the opposite; I just haven't expressed myself as I should have in the past. No more, though.

No comments: